Taylin Collins and Regal N Grand
1. When and where did you first see your roan, how did you end up with him as yours, and how long have you owned your roan?
I first saw Crosby in December 2018 when my mom picked me up from school and told me she finally found me a horse, we had been looking for months. She showed me his ad on Facebook and I fell in love! Crosby’s ad was only on Facebook for 20 minutes when my mom saw it and immediately called our trainer because she really liked him! It all happened so fast after that, within an hour we bought him sight unseen with a pre-purchase exam and we had him home within a week.
2. Where, what level, and in what classes do you show your roan?
We show at the Michigan Quarter horse shows in the Rookie Youth 18 & under and L1 Novice Youth 13 & under divisions in the all around classes including Showmanship, Western Pleasure, Horsemanship, Hunter Under Saddle, Equitation and Trail.
3. What is your favorite thing to do with your roan horse?
My favorite thing to do with Crosby is when we just grab a halter and ride, I love to just spend time with him. No saddle, no bridle, no problems!
4. What is your favorite memory with your roan horse?
My favorite memory was at the 2019 AQHA Congress. It was our first ever Congress. We had a goal of placing in only one class, we managed to bring home 6 medals including top five and top ten placings! It was a memory I will never forget. I am so grateful to have shared that with such a great horse he truly is a unicorn!
5. What are your thoughts about the American Roan Horse Association?
I think the ARHA is great! I Love that it offers the fast 50 and high point programs. We are hoping to one day attend the roan horse world show.