Sabrina Turner & VS Ona Good Impulse
1) When and where did you first see your roan, how did you end up with him as yours, and how long have you owned your roan?
I've only owned Rabbit for just under nine months now. I had my eye on him since he was three years old, but last July I noticed he had really started to fill out and had the potential to be a true all around horse. I rode him once and decided to take a chance on him. It was my plan to bring him along slowly, as I had another all around gelding I was competing on at the time. Rabbit ended up being a true blessing in disguise because shortly after buying him my other gelding suddenly passed away from complications after colic surgery.
2) Where, what level, and in what classes do you show your roan? We compete in amateur AQHA all around classes
3) What is your favorite thing to do with your roan horse?
I have really enjoyed teaching Rabbit the all around events, but I think our favorite class to compete in is the trail because he really enjoys finding his way through the patterns. He hunts the logs like a shark!
4) What is your favorite memory with your roan horse?
My favorite memory with him so far is when we placed in the Top Ten in the non-pro limited trail at the Sudden Impulse this year. It was only about his tenth time competing in the trail, but he really impressed me with how he handled a tough pattern.
5) What are your thoughts about the American Roan Horse Association?
I think the American Roan Horse Association is a wonderful addition to the industry, and I hope to see it continue to grow. I'm excited to attend the Roan World for the first time this year and support an association that gives back to its members in exciting, new ways!