A SECONDARY BREED REGISTRY FOR ROAN HORSES OF AQHA, APHA, ApHC, PHBA and IBHA BLOODLINES
GET YOUR ROAN ON.
AMERICAN ROAN HORSE ASSOCIATION
6172 S State RD 1 Hamilton, IN 46742
Heather Eilering & VR The Love Bug
1. When and where did you first see your roan, how did you end up with him as yours, and how long have you owned your roan?
I decided I wanted to get back into riding after only showing halter and LL for 30 plus years and was talking with breeder I had purchased my weanling from and said she was thinking about selling her old show horse and I tried him out and went home with him and she purchased the weanling back that she really didn’t want to sell in the first place and have been riding him for the last year and half.
2. Where, what level, and in what classes do you show your roan?
Started back at the walk trot classes and halter.
3. What is your favorite thing to do with your roan horse?
Halter and western walk trot classes and he loves the little kids for leadline
4. What is your favorite memory with your roan horse?
Winning the jackpot class this spring after only walking a few weeks after being laid up all winter from surgery on foot.
5. What are your thoughts about the American Roan Horse Association?
The Office staff are very nice and answers questions promptly.