A SECONDARY BREED REGISTRY FOR ROAN HORSES OF AQHA, APHA, ApHC, PHBA and IBHA BLOODLINES
GET YOUR ROAN ON.
AMERICAN ROAN HORSE ASSOCIATION
6172 S State RD 1 Hamilton, IN 46742
Hanna Hedderick and Icecream
1) When and where did you first see your roan, how did you end up with him as yours, and how long have you owned your roan?
I first saw Icecream in December of 2017. Bruce Brown sent him to Spencer and Kim Zimmerman for training and to get sold. I was looking for a new horse and Kim told me to come try him. He was really hairy and a gangly 2-year-old, but I knew he was the horse I wanted before I even got on him. I will have owned him for two years come January.
2) Where, what level, and in what classes do you show your roan?
I currently show the L1 amateur showmanship, horsemanship, hunter under saddle, and equitation. I will be in the L2/L3 amateur events next year. Spencer Zimmerman shows him in the trail and Kim Zimmerman shows him in the hunter under saddle. We show the AQHA circuit mostly around Ohio.
3) What is your favorite thing to do with your roan horse?
Take pictures of him napping. He sleeps a lot, especially at horse shows.
4) What is your favorite memory with your roan horse?
Placing 6th in the horsemanship at congress when he was just 3-years-old! I really had no expectations going into the class and he was truly awesome. We even won it on a card!
5) What are your thoughts about the American Roan Horse Association?
I was excited to find out that there was a roan association when I bought my roan. I love the different programs it offers and I hope to be able to show at the roan world next year!