Brister Shum & High Road Reload
1. When and where did you first see your roan, how did you end up with him as yours, and how long have you owned your roan?
After searching for two years, my amazing trainer, Ryan Cottingim, found High Road Reload for me. I had tried almost a dozen horses before riding ‘Ike’. The minute I swung my leg over him I knew i had found my new partner!
2. Where, what level, and in what classes do you show your roan?
I show Ike in AQHA Select Trail at all the major circuits. We are currently 2nd in the national high point standings in Level 2 Select Trail. Ryan shows Ike in Senior trail and does a great job with him.
3. What is your favorite thing to do with your roan horse?
Lope over poles! Our favorite thing is having lessons with Ryan. We learn something new or how to do it better each time! Plus one or bust!
4. What is your favorite memory with your roan horse?
Winning the Amateur Horsemanship World Championship at the Roan World was an unexpected thrill. Ryan won the Open Trail last year with Ike.
5. What are your thoughts about the American Roan Horse Association?
What a great association! I am hoping NSBA would consider recognizing Roan as a color breed so we could include roans in Color Breed classes at NSBA World! (A girl can wish!)