PILAR BRAVO AND PS CALL ME SUPERMAN
1) When and where did you first see your roan, how did you end up with him as yours, and how long have you owned your roan?
I first saw my roan on Facebook about 2 years ago when I was looking to purchase a new horse. My big bay gelding that I had was being retired so I was looking for a horse that would last me a while and would be able to do bigger things! I instantly fell in love with my roan when I went to visit him in Michigan at DeJonghe Show Horses. Even though we had a couple of horses in mind to look at to eventually purchase. I knew I had to have this big roan gelding. At the time he was five and I had just turned 13. It was a huge step for me because of him being so young.
2) Where, what level, and in what classes do you show your roan?
My roan and I show in the all around in level 1 events. We also show the all around in Indiana for 4-h, saddle clubs, and open shows.
3) What is your favorite thing to do with your roan horse?
My absolute favorite thing to do with my roan is to show him! He is by far the best show horse I’ve owned!! He gives it his all every time we are in the show pin. My favorite classes are HUS and SMS.
4) What is your favorite memory with your roan horse?
My favorite memory with my roan is winning High Point for HUS in IQHA and winning Reserve High Point for Halter and Showmanship in IQHA. My other favorite memory with my roan is winning Halter,HUS, and Showmanship with also earning Grand Champion for Halter and Showmanship at the 2020 Indiana State Fair.
5) What are your thoughts about the American Roan Horse Association?
I feel as though the Roan Association is a great way to show off our stock type roans! I am also so excited to be apart of the Roan Horse Association!