Lauren Brown & Rockmelikeyameanit
1) When and where did you first see your roan, how did you end up with him as yours, and how long have you owned your roan?
The first time I saw him was at an open show in early 2018. Lynne Puthoff had brought him along with her show horses to get him off the farm. I waited around until the show was over on Saturday to see them lunge him, even though I had no intention of buying him at the time. I couldn't get him off my mind after that and ended up buying him in June of 2018. He's been with me ever since!
2) Where, what level, and in what classes do you show your roan? We primarily show the AQHA circuit in Ohio. We started out with just western pleasure when he was 2 and 3 but have since added the trail, horsemanship, showmanship, halter, equitation and hunter under saddle. We hope to start showing the western riding next year.
3) What is your favorite thing to do with your roan horse?
I love showing him in halter. He has a ton of personality and he can really turn it on in a halter class.
4) What is your favorite memory with your roan horse?
My favorite memory so far was winning the Level 1 Amateur All Around at The Madness in Wilmington, OH this year. I had to miss a couple of days of showing due to work but he was a superstar the rest of the weekend. We ended up leaving the show as a circuit champion, reserve circuit champion and all around champion winning a brand new Harris saddle!
5) What are your thoughts about the American Roan Horse Association?
I think it's great that roans have their own association like other color breeds do! I love the different programs that are offered and can't wait to attend the world show for the first time this year!