Kelley Christy and VS Fully Revived
1) When and where did you first see your roan, how did you end up with him as yours, and how long have you owned your roan?
Rick and I purchased "VS Fully Revived" aka "Zeus" after seeing him at a horse show in Florida October 2020. We'd watched him show western for a couple years prior with owners Kristin Purkley and Dale Auslander and always thought we'd like to have him to try. He was tall and looked like he'd do HUS events well. When the opportunity came up that he was for sale we jumped at the chance!! So happy we did!!
2) Where, what level, and in what classes do you show your roan? Zeus currently is being shown in Non Pro Hunter Under Saddle Events. He turned Sr horse this yr so will be adding Sr HUS to his list along with Trail, Western Riding and Equitation. We show ARHA, AQHA, and NSBA.
3) What is your favorite thing to do with your roan horse?
Zeus has such a great personality that he's a joy to ride whatever we do. Whether it be a trail ride at home or a deep competition he always gives his all. Loves attention and enjoys learning new things. Never a pinned ear or a "No, I don't want to." We've been blessed with a few horses that we would say were our favorites but he's earned his way right up there on top.
4) What is your favorite memory with your roan horse?
My favorite memory so far was winning the Green, Jr and Amateur Hunter Under Saddle at the Roan World Championships at WEC in Ocala. Not only was it a honor to win all 3 classes it was the first show ever attended at the brand new WEC. Quite a beautiful experience all the way around for exhibitors and horses alike!!
5) What are your thoughts about the American Roan Horse Association?
ARHA is a great way to showcase this beautiful color with so many roan horses being bred and shown. The 2020 Roan World was a well organized show that brought in competition from all over the United States. They gave great prizes and classes had good numbers. Along the lines of Paint, Pinto, Palomino, Buckskin, etc, to have Roans acknowledged as well is a great thing for our industry. #RespectTheRoan #RideARoan