Cale Thompson and Where I Come From
1. When and where did you first see your roan, how did you end up with him as yours, and how long have you owned your roan?
I first saw my gelding listed with Shawn Alter Quarter Horses in PA. My previous huntseater had sold following the congress and we had been looking for a couple months for more of an all around type horse with a strength in the eq/ HUS. As soon as I saw him I reached out to Shawn about coming to see him and I left the next morning in a snow storm in Dec to drive down to see him. I just knew he was the one I was looking for. He came home 10 days later!
2. Where, what level, and in what classes do you show your roan?
Together we show the Lv1 and the Lv3 in the showmanship, hunt seat, hunt seat eq and the trail on the AQHA circuits both here in Ontario and neighboring states like NY, MI and OH mostly.
3. What is your favorite thing to do with your roan horse?
The showmanship, we both love it!
4. What is your favorite memory with your roan horse?
This past spring at the AQHA level one championships we made 3x top ten out of the 4 classes we showed. It was such a great experience at such an incredible facility. Definitely a must see for anyone eligible.
5. What are your thoughts about the American Roan Horse Association?
I think it’s awesome that there’s a platform to promote your success with your roan horse and look forward to continuing to participate in their great programs. I hope they will also become NSBA recognized in the future.